Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gingerbread Houses



Okay they weren't really gingerbread houses but graham cracker houses. On Thursday myself and 2 other Moms had the "honor" of putting together 20 graham cracker houses. I am not a builder so as you can imagine some did not turn out as we had hoped. If you use too much of the icing cement then it took forever to dry and your house would fall. Gravity stinks. However, if you did not use enough cement the houses would fall. Did I mention gravity stinks? So it took us over 3 hours to put these houses together for Emma's 2nd grade class. We let them dry overnight and the kids got to decorate them on Friday. I mixed up another batch of cement for the kids to use and they turned out to be much better builders that I am. Here is the end result.

1 comment:

Biff said...

Yea, gravity sucks. Evidently its a law or something.

The houses look great. I'm sure the children were very happy.