Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Soccer game

Today is Em's first soccer game. She is very excited and cannot wait to start. Funny story about soccer. Back in August a week before soccer practices were to start Em and her teammates received an email stating that the team did not have a coach. I informed her dad of the opening and he volunteered to be the coach. What is so funny about that? Well he was gone and I had to coach the first 2 practices. Now mind you I enjoy being around kids but, I do NOT know the first thing about soccer. So off the the library I went to find some books. I studied, wrote down some drills and headed off to the first practice. It went well for the first 15 minutes. (Practices are an hour long) However, I ran out of drills and had 10 kids looking to me for soccer wisdom. I did not have any. Luckily I had some soccer savvy parents and they helped me out.
It has been raining all day but if you know anything at all about soccer, the game will be played no matter what the weather. So we are off to the big game. More later....

1 comment:

Biff said...

Soccer involves running, right? You have fun with that.

I'm sure you'll have a great season